psychometrics for recruitment and selection
We can help you to make better informed, more insightful recruitment and selection decisions. This means fewer unsuccessful appointments and reduced recruitment costs.
Our service is based on competency profiles and psychometric tests. We provide a comprehensive picture of your candidates’ personalities and competencies. This enables you to be sure that the image your candidates project at interview is consistent with their actual personality. We offer a fast, friendly and personalised service which can be provided by telephone or face to face:
- identifying and ranking required competencies
- administering 16pf psychometric tests online
- comparing candidates’ actual competencies with the role requirements
- providing feedback and interpretation of results
- preparing interview prompts and questions
- providing candidates with test feedback
benefits for employers and recruitment agencies
Independent research¹ shows that organisations using assessment tools are seeing:
- 12% increase in revenue and an 11% increase in profit per full time employee
- 47% greater improvement in hiring managers’ satisfaction
- 15% greater performance in first year retention
- 18% greater new-hire performance
Psychometric tests enable better informed, fairer and more objective recruitment decisions to be made:
- by enabling interviewers to get beneath the surface – rather than relying on what candidates decide to disclose
- by providing powerful insights into capability, potential and personality
- by predicting performance and staying power
Interviews are an essential part of the recruitment and selection process. They enable experience and knowledge to be probed, but they only uncover the information which the interviewee chooses to share. The use of psychometric tests enables interviewers to conduct better-informed competency-based interviews.
Competencies describe the behaviours and skills required to do a job successfully. By profiling candidates against competencies, it is possible to gauge how they will react in particular situations. The benefit of this is that a much better fit can be achieved between the person and the job role.
Sifting through a large volume of applicants is time consuming and can be arbitrary. Aptitude or ability tests enable unsuitable candidates to be screened out early in the selection process – saving time and expense at the assessment centre or interview stage.
Personality tests enable the most suitable candidates to be selected in. They are powerful predictors of staying power and performance against factors critical to job success – especially when a competency-based approach is adopted.
British Psychological Society accreditation
Accreditation by the British Psychological Society to purchase, administer and interpret personality and ability tests provides tremendous flexibility. It means that we are able to select the most appropriate test from a wide range of providers including SHL, OPP and Human Synergistics.
¹ Aberdeen Research, Demonstrating the Positive Impact of Assessment on Business Performance, July 2010.