our team development philosophy
We take an indoor approach to team development. No rafts, no tree climbing and nobody gets shot.
We use a variety of engaging simulations, diagnostics and exercises in our team development workshops. The outcomes of our team development days are compelling insights into team dynamics and self-awareness – rather than a series of cuts and bruises!
what we do
We work with long-standing, newly-formed or cross-functional teams to:
- increase capacity for problem-solving and decision-making
- enable individuals to become more effective team members
- clarify team goals and individual responsibilities
- provide the context for increased motivation, morale and engagement
how we do it
- providing insight into the behaviours seen in successful teams
- demonstrating the power of team versus individual decision-making
- diagnosing the style of team-working in terms of constructive and defensive behaviours
- identifying preferred communication styles and blind spots
- working with leaders to achieve an appropriate organisational culture
team development workshops
Workshops provide a powerful opportunity to learn and practice new skills. They also enable issues to be discussed and solutions identified. An experienced external facilitator helps maintain a constructive atmosphere and keeps the focus on the issues rather than personalities.
The outcome of a workshop is a greater sense of self-awareness, team-awareness and an action plan.
survival simulations and business challenges
Survival simulations put the team under pressure so that normal behaviours quickly become apparent. An analysis of these behaviours enables the team to discover practical strategies for improving performance in the workplace.
Business challenges provide the same benefits as survival simulations while including an element of learning on subjects such as coaching, organisational change and customer service.
British Psychological Society accreditation
We are accredited by the British Psychological Society to administer and interpret a range of personality tests for our team development interventions. These provide insights into personal behaviours, team behaviours and potential blind spots.